Thursday, February 8, 2007

Week 5, #11, Web 2.0 awards list

Okay, so, it's a hot item in the news right now, but I love YouTube. It's yet another example of a tool available to the masses as a creative outlet to express themselves in a relatively inexpensive way. I watched a clip of an actor in a movie and realized I hadn't seen the film, so, I ordered it from my Netflix account. I love watching homemade movies of people's pets especially when I'm down. Cracks me up. Easy to use search box. Like Netflix, there's a star ratings next to each clip plus the length of the clip. Appreciate these and other features.

As for libraries, we've already seen a number of libraries use YouTube to market or advertise themselves etc. Great idea! I have made short movies using my boyfriend's digital camera. So, what are we waiting for at our library?

No comments: