Thursday, February 8, 2007

Week 6, #13, Tagging Time

I watched the podcast tutorial. Really good.

Next I went to our del. account and browsed. I also added its feed to my Bloglines. I saw a DFaires listed as a link to our account with her own set of stuff. I'm pretty sure she's a professor at the SJSU SLIS.

I clicked on the C's of our Sea Change, the Helene Blowers Computers in Libraries article noted on our account and then saw that it had been saved by 30 other people and all the tags references. I mentioned in my earlier posts that I get overwhelmed by these kinds of sites. It's a lot to take in. Hey, I get overwhelmed at malls. Reading the comments was helpful and interesting. Yes, I see the potential for this tool as research assistance.

I read Crowe's Nest, being curious as to her take on the exercises for Week5 and 6. I encourage you to read hers.

2 comments:

Minerva said...

Yes, Crowe's Nest's take on tagging is a very good read. And she's already talking about tagging in her teaching.

djf said...

"Dfaires" here--and yes, I'm at SJSU SLIS. I keep a Google alert for several terms including "SJSU SLIS" and that's how I found your blog.

I'm preparing to teach a course on Web 2.0/Library 2.0. I'm excited about your work and glad you're sharing your insights!