Thursday, February 22, 2007

Week 9, #21 Podcast directory

I checked out PodcastAlley.com I have iTunes but never thought about other tools being available to find podcasts. I searched on "Library" and was excited to see so many library podcasts available. I clicked on the one for Sunnyvale Public Library. They have recordings for "Sunnyvale Voices" that capture residents's stories; somewhat like oral histories. I also know that SJSU through its CFD (Center for Faculty Development) is big on emerging technologies such as podcasts for classroom learning. Our library might consider video podcasts to have a history of our wonderful library events. Oh, I've been in a podcast for Steve Sloan who works in the IT Dept at SJSU and who also is a bike enthusiast like me. He covered the ACTC Tierra Bella bike tour last year and interviewed me.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

I keep thinking it would be good to offer podcasts of our storytimes and other librar programs, but it's hard to know if there's an audience. Time for a survey?