Friday, February 9, 2007

Week 8, #18 Online Apps

I have been experimenting with Google Docs and Spreadsheets for the last several months. It's great when you have several people collaborating on something -- easy web access from anywhere over using a networked drive or email is far superior.

So, the Virtual Services team has an account with Google specifically set up for this program. In addition, i have an account with my supervisor so that we can share Excel spreadsheets. It is really handy. I also like that you can export your documents to your hard drive.

What I have found though is that Google docs and spreadsheets like Blogger sometimes goes buggy on me. Also, certain features that one expects from Msft. Office are not available in the Google versions.

I think I shall see if Zoho Writer is any better.

No comments: