Thursday, February 8, 2007

Week 5, #12 Rollyo


I hadn't heard of this tool until I went through the exercise. I think it's a good idea in general to be able to customize your search tool; however, it sort of contradicts what we're taught in library school - to start out broad for initial search and then narrow the focus. One needs to remember that one is using a subset, albeit probably an excellent one, rather than a larger inclusive set. For those of us who are able to evaluate a website and determine whether its data is good, then, we certainly can recommend appropriate sites. I'd hate to see someone select sites whose data is invalid, inaccurate, etc. That's my take on this exercise. Oh, I thought I created a rolly thing about psoriasis but apparently I didn't so I will need to return to this site and try again.

No comments: